Intimidator Owners Group  

Go Back   Intimidator Owners Group > The Intimidator > Technical Help

WAS board software identification

Technical Help

Old 10-22-2017, 04:34 PM   #1
scottydoo2k2
IOG Member

WAS board software identification

Hey guys, I have a WAS board in my led timmy and want to figure out the software I have. I think it is a 2.7 but there's a chance it could have been flashed to 2.9. How can I tell?

IOG Feedback
scottydoo2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:54 PM   #2
unseen

I think I can answer this one! If memory serves me correct, there are only 2 options you can identify what WAS board software version you have:

1) Connect the board to a gen 2 Timmy that has an LCD display screen . When you you turn the Timmy on, the screen will show what version you have as part of the initial boot-up process.

2) If you have the WAS Equallink software (installed on your computer) as well as the WAS Equalink cable (that connects your board to the computer), then you can see what version you have when you open up the software.

Honestly, it's going to be very difficult to find the WAS Equalink software and cable since WAS is no longer in business. Plus, the software was for old computers running Win98 and the cable only connected to a serial port not a USB. The first option would be better as long as your able to get your hands on either a gen 2 LCD Timmy or a gen 2 LCD screen with LCD wiring harness.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Last edited by unseen; 10-23-2017 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Added additional info
unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:50 PM   #3
CA_Tectonics
IOG Senior Member

It should be pretty easy to differentiate between a 2.9 and anything else. The WAS 2.9 firmware is the only version that includes ramping. So, going by the LED color patterns while trying to program, with 2.8 and lower, there will only be solid red (dwell), solid orange (eye mode), and solid green (debounce) settings. You may see blinking colors WITHIN each of the solids but from the "main menu", there are only solid.

With a WAS 2.9, in addition to the 3 solid color setting options, you will also have blinking red (ball in place), blinking green (ROF cap), blinking orange (eye power), alternating green/orange (firing mode - ie, ramping).
- Frenzy 127.4 board, clamping feedneck, EigenRam and spring, Check-It adjustable ramcap.
Black and Red Insight
Dust White and Red V2 Victory
Pure Dust White Closer
- Tadao Ryujin board, supercharged engine, 4c eyes, BL wrap around grips.

PBNation Feedback
IOG Feedback
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:15 PM   #4
scottydoo2k2
IOG Member

Thanks Tectonics. I just threw a battery in and went into program mode, judging by the numerous programming modes I happily found out I have a 2.9.

IOG Feedback
scottydoo2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:40 AM   #5
CA_Tectonics
IOG Senior Member

If you check the ultimate sticky, you'll find the manual for the WAS boards. You should be able to confirm by setting up ramping and test it out. Multi-clicking of the noid is a dead giveaway.
- Frenzy 127.4 board, clamping feedneck, EigenRam and spring, Check-It adjustable ramcap.
Black and Red Insight
Dust White and Red V2 Victory
Pure Dust White Closer
- Tadao Ryujin board, supercharged engine, 4c eyes, BL wrap around grips.

PBNation Feedback
IOG Feedback
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote