Intimidator Owners Group  

Go Back   Intimidator Owners Group > The Intimidator > Articles

RF chip installation in a Yakuza OLED board

Articles

Old 05-30-2008, 04:46 AM   #1
Dusty1
IOG Member

RF chip installation in a Yakuza OLED board

I've been geting a bunch of PM's reguarding the rf chip installation on the Marq/Vice/Protege Yakuza OLED board.I myself could be guilty for not using the search button to see if this has been asked and answered before.

The Yakuza board mentioned above,has a small 2 pin socket on the bottom side close to where the battery goes.(You should have recieved a simple harness with your board.) Plug your small harness end,into this socket,then run the length down towards your ASA.I know in the Vice and Protege,the backside of the grip frame is cutout just enough to allow you to place your chip there.Myself I turned the side where the 3 pin connector slides inside the dished out area,and made sure the harness wires went below the lock button.The 9 volt battery will secure the chip in place. Replace panels and sync your marker and loader together.

For those thats asked how to sync everything to be able to take advantage of the Green mode on a Pulse loader. First hold the power button in as the loader powers up,you will notice a slow bliking rate.Now it the time to power up your marker,eyes turned off,and no air source needed,and pull the trigger as many times as needed,to change the blink rate to a faster pattern.This tells you that your set and ready to rock.On my setup,I just had to pull the trigger once and heard a click,and achieved the fast blinking led on my Pulse loader. To test I opened my lid,and appllied some pressure to the cone,and hit my trigger and felt the cone try to spin.I even removed my loader,and dumped just enough paint inside it,and turned it back on,I hit my trigger a few times and each time it would spin,so I know that I'm getting a good signal.The Yakuza holds it's 5 volts signal very consistantly even on high rates of fire,where other boards loose some of this voltage when ripping,this is for power saving,making it hard for the pulse to read the signal.

Testing rates of fire with paint,I've changed into a custom ramping mode,and set my ROF upwards (30 bps) I noticed as the Pulse starts to get low on paint,it will start missing balls,but I did find that spot where it would feed consistantly around 23 bps.That far exceeds the new PSP rules,unless you like to impress people in what I call race wars and chew up a ton of paint fast,to get the wowwws and ohhhhhhs from people watching.Myself,I'll play in my semi mode with my low cap rate,and enjoy a smooth consistant feed for my Vice.Hope this helps those that asked this question countless times.

Black Vice Yakuza'd-4c eyes-LP Valve-Violent Trigger-Sly Barrel kit/Stars and Stripes custom anno'd Vice yakuza'd-4c eyes-Kodachi Trigger-LP Valve-Cam Lok ASA 1 of 1 original

Last edited by Dusty1; 06-07-2008 at 12:52 AM.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
crankwalk
IOG Owner

Great post Dusty1 - I don't suppose you have any pictures to add of the install? This post might get moved into the Articles section so it doesn't get lost. Good information here.

My Feedback: IOG | PBN old - PBN new | PBR
crankwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:18 PM   #3
Stewey956
I wish I Were A Fish

Sweet, very informative.

Pics would definitely help.
Stewey956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:53 AM   #4
Dusty1
IOG Member

Crank yeah I'll do a step by step picture setup for everyone to see.I was going to add pics when I thought about this thread,but my dialup was acting goofy that day due to heavy rain.I'll just edit them in the original first post if thats ok.

Black Vice Yakuza'd-4c eyes-LP Valve-Violent Trigger-Sly Barrel kit/Stars and Stripes custom anno'd Vice yakuza'd-4c eyes-Kodachi Trigger-LP Valve-Cam Lok ASA 1 of 1 original
Old 06-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #5
crankwalk
IOG Owner

Sounds good Dusty, looking forward to the pic setup! Editing them into your first post is no problem.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:59 AM   #6
Dusty1
IOG Member

Crankwalk pictures are added finally,after having a bout with photobucket.I have also did how to's on installing the LP Valve,and the 4C Eyes with pictures if you think I should post them for the Vice/Protege.

Old 06-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #7
crankwalk
IOG Owner

Awesome, thanks for that! I've gone ahead and moved this to the Articles section and added a link to it in the Ultimate Sticky

Old 02-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #8
69RocketGC
Intimidator n00b

Would this work for a Gen 3/4 Yakuza OLED?
69RocketGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:38 PM   #9
lopez17
Super Moderator

Not exactly, but close.

lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote